Friday, April 2, 2010


Welcome PBC Grεεk Class Students!

ὁ διδασκαλος here...

On April 25, 2010, at 2:00pm, Paihia Baptist Church's first New Testament Greek class will begin! The class will be held every Sunday until October 31st and should provide a fun, informal atmosphere for learning the basics of Koine Greek grammar and vocabulary. Attendance is free and open to anyone who believes the Good News of Jesus Christ's virgin birth, sinless life, atoning sacrifice on the cross, and resurrection from the dead.

This blog is intended to be a space for all the students to post questions or comments about the progress of the class; as well as a diary of my personal reflections about teaching it. As you can see, each lesson will be located on a tab above the blog post (Lesson One should be there now).

I'm also hoping to upload the various figures and tables we use for our Practicals--and tests!

Right; all for now.

God bless,
Ιακωβος

9 comments:

  1. This blog almost makes me want to take the class! (but I am just going to hang about and be Jim's lovely assistant - and if you are all good students, perhaps provide a Greek lunch or two).

    To anyone contemplating taking the class - Jim helped me to learned the Greek Alphabet in one night and it was, to my utter amazement, FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I've decided to make a Greek Lunch for the first class - if you can come a little early we will eat about 1pm. I'll provide the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAAA--Just found the blogspot!!!! For some reason bit worried 'bout the Greek lessons - but the food sounds GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be worried about the Greek Trish - it's actually fun...be worried about the food though cos it's been a long time since I made a Greek meal and I found some recipes called 'ancient greek recipes' that came from biblical times - might try some of those! So be afraid, be very afraid - of the food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to tell me, Sandy!


    How can you people eat those ugly, little, round things?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim - do you mean olives??? mmmm - lovely - taste like sweaty rugby players!!!!.. now I'm worried about the food too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, meant olives.

    Btw, that was an interesting comparison. I think I'm starting to worry about you ;-)

    C u Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading the comments, I am beginning to think a little insanity is a pre-requisite of learning Greek!!!!
    The Greek classes totally rock - and even I am learning Greek (the one who totally cannot do other languages).
    Aroha Nui to Jim and Sandy for the fantastic awhi they are extending to us in the class.
    Love you guys millions
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many, many thanks, Jocelyn! You're enthusiasm is a great blessing to us.

    ReplyDelete